1. Ma$hable: After his single “Thumbs Down,” a criticism of those who like their own statuses, went viral, “Ma$h” paid a visit to the crew at “The Today Show” and took a seat at the throne of social networkily conscious rap.
2. CecILL: Revisionist hop artist who spits exclusively about being the only white rapper in the history of the game, despite being signed to Eminem’s label.
3. Donatella Versace: Her self reference-laden response to Migos’ “Versace,” “Versace Also,” was a hit in both the fashion world and blogosphere.
4. Dr. Dre w/ a Mustache: He’s baaaaaaaaack for, um, the very first time, but anyone who’s heard “Never Heard About Dre w/ a Mustache” will tell you he has a familiarly legendary sound. Extremely familiar, even. Wildly close to one popular rapper from the past, but, like his trademark mustache, they can’t seem to put their finger on it.
5. KaZoo: Already a star in certain parts of Bushwick, “Special K, but Not the Cereal or Drug” looks to bring his kazoo covers of instrumental versions of A Tribe Called Quest songs to at least East Williamsburg, if not Bed-Stuy.